As the months pass, grime, wrappers, junk and dust pile up in the car, it needs cleaning and it is also not hygienically good. Cleaning a car’s interior is equally exciting as the exterior. Learning to clean the interior of a car can help you save a good amount that you will be giving to a professional. This is something that every car owner must know.
- Upholstery cleaner
- Paper towels
- Vacuum cleaner
- Carpet shampoo
- Small towel
- Vinyl protectant
- Window cleaner
- Laundry detergent (optional)
Follow this simple procedure to clean the interior:
- Remove all the hard trash like used tissues, food bags and anything littering the space. Slide the seat all the way forward and clean out all the junk below. All those things should be taken out that don’t belong in the car, whether they are old magazines or umbrellas. Keep them in the trunk while other can be put in the store room of your home.
- Remove the floor mats and shake them to get rid of the free dust.
- Do a final check for coins or trash that could have missed before using the vacuum cleaner.
- The seat surfaces have to be vacuumed, use the hose attachment of the vacuum for doing this. The crevices, corners and the seating part that meets the floor have to be given special attention. For cleaning the car seats made of leather, use a soft brush because leather can get damaged with hard vacuuming.
- Vacuum the car floor and the under areas of the seat for some time.
- For cleaning the doors and dashboards, use a soft brush attachment.
- The floor mats should be vacuumed separately by a suitable vacuum attachment. Shake them thoroughly after vacuuming and put them back in their places.
- If the seat surfaces, door upholstery or car’s carpet have stains on them or more cleaning is required, then use a spray cleaner and directly apply it to the surfaces. Rub well and then wipe it off with a dry and clean cloth. Don’t get them while soaking wet as it will cause mildew.
- A mild laundry detergent mixed with warm water is an alternate of sprat cleaner. Use a damp towel which is dipped in that solution, apply it on the surfaces and quickly dry it.
- Use window cleaners and paper towels for cleaning the windows. Wash them including the top edges. A little time with a clean rag is all it takes.
- For cleaning the dashboard, use a little amount of laundry detergent and water. Use a clean towel for drying it. Plastic polish can be used for making it shine.
- Clean the air vents. Brush in the crevices to remove the dust. Wipe the brush off with a rag and move on to the next one. Use an odor treatment product to get rid of the stale smell.
These were the prominent tips to clean the car’s interior. They can be tried easily and air fresheners can be used in the end to give the car a pleasant fragrance.